The Weston Collective
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY
If you need to withdraw from a workshop, you must inform us no later than 60 days prior to the first day of your workshop, and we will refund your full tuition, less a 20% registration fee. After the cutoff date a refund will only be made if a qualified replacement is found. If it is necessary for us to cancel a workshop, all registered participants will be notified at once, and you will receive a full refund of payments.
Notification of cancellation due to low enrollment will be made at least 14 days prior to the beginning of class. For this reason, we encourage you to purchase refundable airline tickets and consider purchasing trip cancellation insurance. The workshop will not be responsible for any loss on airline tickets or any other loss at all.
The Weston Collective shall hold no responsibility or liability for personal injury to any participant or damage to any participant’s property, or for personal injuries or damage to the property of any other person resulting from the participant’s involvement in the workshop. The Weston Collective reserves the right to cancel any workshop and to alter the time, context, or format of any workshop in the event circumstances require. In the event a workshop is cancelled, for any reason the extent of The Weston Collective’s liability is limited to the return of all fees and deposits paid.
Release of Liability (Read carefully- This affects your legal rights)
In exchange for participation in the activity of photography lessons, photography workshops, photography adventures and related travel organized by The Weston Collective and/or use of the property, facilities and services of The Weston Collective or any location utilized for said activities, I agree for myself and the members of my family, (where applicable) to the following:
1. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warning, and further agree to follow any written or oral instructions or directions given by The Weston Collective as well as its leaders, employees, representatives or agents. I have read and understand all information provided to me by The Weston Collective.
2. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with travel, outdoor activities and photography in the studio, city, nature or wilderness. I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and the members of my family (where applicable), and further release and discharge The Weston Collective as well as its leaders, employees, representatives or agents for injury, loss and damage arising out of my or my families use of or presence upon the facilities utilized for said activities, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, The Weston Collective, other third parties or nature.
3. I understand that certain activities involve the need for transportation to and from locations and/or activities. I understand that although The Weston Collective may facilitate travel arrangements involving common carrier, activity participants or others the responsibility for transportation rests with the drivers or transportation providers. Participant agrees to hold The Weston Collective as well as its leaders, employees, representatives or agents harmless for any claims related to transportation associated with any activity.
4. I agree to indemnify and defend The Weston Collective as well as its leaders, employees, representatives or agents against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family’s use of or presence on the outing or facilities utilized.
5. I agree to be fully responsible and pay for all damages to the facilities and locations utilized caused by me or my families negligent, reckless, or willful actions. This may include but is not limited to legal fees, fines, penalties, restoration and repair costs.
6. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, I hereby grant The Weston Collective, its affiliates, agents, representatives, licensees and assigned the right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, publish, and republish at any time any images, photographs or recordings of me (still and/or motion) or in which I may be included, in whole or in part, for all purposes that The Weston Collective deems appropriate including, without limitation, for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes. I agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify The Weston Collective and all persons acting under its permission or authority, from any liability by virtue of any publication of the images, including, without limitation, any claim of rights of publicity or privacy.
7. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above activity shall be resolved in Monterey County, California using California law. In any such action, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover their attorney’s fees.
8. The Weston Collective has the right to cancel any workshop and to alter the time, context, or format of any workshop in the event circumstances require. In the event a workshop is cancelled, for any reason the extent of the Workshops’ liability is limited to the return of all fees and deposits paid.